Statement Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) – update 19th March 2020
Following our statement of 13 March, we would like to inform you briefly today due to the highly dynamic development of the virus.
The global and regional precautions taken to slow down the spread of the virus have prompted us to take further internal measures.
- establishment of a crisis management group
- expansion of the possibilities of video and telephone conferences
- exclusion of third parties from the building, establishment of restricted zones in entrance areas
- postponement of any visits to customers and suppliers
- travel ban of our employees, external and within the group of companies
- installation of home office workstations for 1/3 of the administrative staff
- prohibition of secondary activities of staff
- constant contact and coordination with our suppliers
- separate break times for our employees
- increase in inventories
- installation of numerous additional disinfection points
The top priority in all activities relating to the coronavirus is the protection of our employees and the fulfilment of contracts with our customers. To the best of our knowledge, no restrictions are currently known.
If serious changes come into force which should hinder delivery to the usual extent, we will inform you immediately. Likewise, we have no influence whatsoever on government decisions during the crisis. Here we ask for your understanding if short-term measures have to be taken as a result.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have at any time.
This statement is reviewed daily and updated if necessary. We provide information on this at https://www.mecon.de/en/news-trade-fair-dates/.
19th March 2020