The main application of the mobile, battery-operated mag-flux HTL hydrant tester is the measurement of the flow and pressure in hydrants, both above and below ground.
The device is used in the following industries:
- Reliability (long-term stability, service life)
- Minimal maintenance requirements
- No moving parts in the measuring section (no wear)
- Free flow (no additional pressure losses)
- Easy commissioning and operation using three button displays
- High measuring accuracy including a calibration certificate on test bench equipment according to EN 17025
- Compact design
- Excellent stability
- Long battery life (up to 24 hours) and short charging times
- Extensive evaluation options including data export to GIS (optional)
- Short delivery times
Special features of the flow and pressure meter:
- Nominal diameters from 0 … 54,3 m³/h (0 … 905 l/min.) up to DN 150 (Storz 150) 0 … 763,4 m³/h (0 … 12723 l/min.
- Rotatable and exchangeable Storz process connections
- Data memory for 2,000,000 measured values
- Data transmission via Bluetooth (in connection with the powerful “wasserkarte APP”)
- CE marking according to EMC Directive 2014/30/EU and RED Directive 2014/30/EU.
FAQ - hydrant tester mag flux HTL
Will the unit be damaged if the displayed flow direction is not observed?
No, only no flow rate and no total quantity is displayed.
Do I have to flush the hydrant before measuring (before connecting the hydrant tester)?
As there are no moving parts in the measuring stream, it can be connected directly without flushing the hydrant first.
At what intervals must the device be calibrated?
MECON offers free recalibration of the devices within the first two years after delivery. Here, a sensible interval can be jointly determined on the basis of the possible deviation and the use.
Can the turbidity be retrofitted after purchasing the hydrant tester?
It is recommended to prepare the turbidity measurement when purchasing the device. This means that the separate turbidity sensor can be connected later without any effort.
Can I use the hydrant tester without the Wasserkarte.info APP?
Yes, the device can be used without any software. You can approach the topic of digitalization step by step.
How often does the unit need to be charged when not in use? To avoid deep discharge (which can destroy the NiMH batteries), the unit should be charged once a month.
Do I have to have an inlet and outlet path?
It is recommended to install a hose between the hydrant and the meter. An outlet path is given by means of the hose to the pressure reducer (flush box).
Does the device have to be sent in for maintenance regularly?
No, as there are no moving parts in the measuring assembly. However, it is recommended to clean the device if it is dirty and there are deposits in the measuring tube (electrodes should be free of deposits).
Can the unit be used in suction lines?
The mag-flux HTL covers a pressure range from -1 … - 25 bar, therefore it is also suitable for use in a suction line.