Hydrant management via app using the mag-flux-HTL hydrant tester
Holistic solution for the hydrant performance test international standards
A holistic and cross-system solution for the entire life cycle of water supply networks (hydrants)
- Function test, documentation, acceptance
FUNCTION & USE
- Operational capability, proof of performance, use in the event of fire
- Function test, localisation of components, documentation, status
- Spare parts procurement, documentation
The mag-flux HTL portable hydrant measuring device – pressure, flow, temperature, and turbidity measurement¹ for hydrants
Equipped with state-of-the-art software, every measurement allows the water pressure, flow rate and total flow rate to be displayed from the start. The device measures creeping flows and carries out fire-fighting water and well water volume measurements. As an option, the temperature can now be measured and documented as well.
In water management, there is always a possibility, especially during flushing campaigns, to determine the FNU values by means of the separate turbidity measurement¹ and thus effectively adapt the flushing strategy in a way that conserves resources.
Data transfer via Bluetooth from the hydrant tester to the mobile device using an app
In addition to the easy-to-read display, the measurement process can now also be controlled using the tried and tested app from wasserkarte.info. All the measurement data for pressure, flow, temperature, and turbidity are transmitted live from the hydrant tester to the app. The measurement protocols and diagrams are displayed directly as a preview. The holistic approach to hydrant maintenance – from documentation, planning, localisation and performance to servicing.
¹ The turbidity is measured using a separate sensor that is connected to the mag-flux HTL.
Benefits offered by our hydrant tester
- No moving parts
- Free flow (no additional pressure losses)
- Includes pressure sensor, optional temperature and turbidity
- Includes data memory for 2,000,000 measured values
- Protection class IP54
- Includes 5-point calibration certificate
- Data transfer via Bluetooth
- 5-inch LCD display, backlit display (240 x 128 pixels)
- Great stability
- Media temperature: +1 to +40°C
- Measuring accuracy ±0.5% of measured value of flow rate
- Operating pressure Pe: max. 16 bar
- Free first recalibration in the factory after 2 years, including calibration certificate. Calibration stands are equipped with reference devices in accordance with EN 17025.
- Available from stock
System configuration of a hydrant test using the mag-flux HTL
Accessories for the hydrant tester
The figure shows the Storz B (DN 80) version: 1. Pressure destroyer (flushing box), 2. Turbidity sensor, 3. Hydrant tester, 4. Transport case, 5. Calibration certificate with operating instructions, 6. Connection hose between turbidity sensor and hydrant tester, 7. Regulating valve, 8. Hose section, 3 m and 1.7 m
Workflow of a hydrant performance measurement
The hydrant / measuring point is selected using the water map app (in this example by using a QR code). The Bluetooth connection to the measuring device is then established.
After the connection has been established, a new entry (measurement) is selected.
As soon as it is possible to commence the hydrant measurement, it is easily started using the water map app (or alternatively on the measuring device). The measured values are displayed online on the measuring device and the water map app in a graphic display or table.
As soon as the measurement is complete and synchronised, the measured values can be viewed online where they can easily be further processed.
Video hydrant measurement via app
Functions in detail
- Function and performance tests can be carried out immediately after installation.
- In parallel with new installations, the data is recorded in the digital system and the initial information is stored.
- In addition, several photos, for example of the mounting position and signs, can be stored. These can be quickly found and retrieved later.
- The ease of use, precise measurement values and automatic measurement data transfer into the digital system make the job much easier!
- The measuring point can be clearly assigned using a QR code.
Function and use
- With clear map views, information about the current status of the water supply can be quickly generated.
- Cross-user use with different authorisation levels makes work easier.
- Cross-functional use of the data ensures optimal cooperation between water supply and firefighting.
- Numerous application-oriented functions, such as augmented reality, GPS map views over an area, coloured functional status markings, zoom functions down to the individual hydrant (including their measured performance values) all ensure fast and efficient preparation of the extinguishing water supply during firefighting.
- Maintenance can be documented directly on site without paper and without an internet connection.
- Measurements of the pressure, flow rate, temperature and turbidity parameters can be carried out and documented simply and efficiently.
- The measuring points can be clearly assigned using a QR code.
- All relevant data is thus available digitally on the mobile device and in the web-based online version.
- Measured values can be displayed and documented online.
- Maintenance records using logs.
- Where there are different maintenance intervals, this allows maintenance planning to be carried out efficiently. Open activities are clearly displayed, and notifications can also be triggered in the event of deficiency reports. There is also no need to search for the correct maintenance forms, since the right one is always available!
- During maintenance work, the valve/hydrant can easily be found using its GPS position. An innovative augmented reality view can also be of help with hidden objects.
- Activities carried out and parts replaced can also be quickly documented on site. There is no need for more work back at the office.
- Requests can be created directly on site and forwarded to stored locations using synchronisation.